The Palmore Law Firm, PLLC

Call 281-975-5962 To Speak With Us.

Se Habla Español

Se Habla Español  |  Call 281-975-5962

Se Habla Español
Call 281-975-5962


Compassionate Approach.

Tough Representation.

Advocating For Your Child Custody And Support Rights

When divorcing couples are also parents of minor children, they often have many questions regarding child custody and support. At The Palmore Law Firm, PLLC, we will listen to your concerns and advocate for your rights, answering any questions you may have along the way. Here are some of the more common questions we receive from divorcing parents:

Which Parent Has The Power To Make Decisions?

In Texas, the power of a parent to make decisions related to their child’s health and well-being is called a managing conservatorship. Most parents continue to jointly share decision-making for their children after divorce, although there are instances where a sole parental decision maker is preferable.

Will We Have To Go To Court To Settle Custody?

Not always. If you and the other parent agree to work out a custody arrangement and visitation schedule together instead of having the court decide, you may do so. The written agreement that is produced from custody discussions becomes a legal one once the court approves it.

Can My Lawyer Help If My Ex Does Not Pay Child Support?

Yes. Court-ordered child support payments usually continue until a minor turns 18. If child support payment does not follow the court mandate, your lawyer can make efforts to obtain payment. Attorney Catherine Palmore’s client advocacy can include child support enforcement.

Can My Visitation Schedule Be Modified In The Future?

Even though your custody and visitation arrangement is a legal agreement that is part of your divorce settlement, it may be able to be modified in the future. Our firm regularly pursues modifications for clients who, for example, may have to move for a job promotion or want a new schedule to reflect the children’s changing needs as they grow older.

Find Out More

If you have questions of your own about child custody and support, give The Palmore Law Firm, PLLC in Conroe a call at 281-975-5962 or contact us online.